Pages

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Uncle Hugh

For some reason today on my drive down to Orem, I was thinking about the night before my Uncle Hugh got married. What brought this memory on, I have no idea.

For some reason my sister Amy and I (I think anyway) had to share a room with him. This was at my grandparents house in Longmont, Colorado. For those of you that don't know my Grandpa is very handy and had installed sinks and mirror's into most of the rooms. Any way, after falling asleep on the floor, I have a vivid memory of being woken up by a light. I remember rolling over and seeing my Uncle leaning against the sink with his face mere inches away from the mirror. I think he was mumbling something to the effect of "Am I ready...."

After watching this spectacle for what seemed like an hour, I finally fell asleep again.

Random I know....but Funny!

5 comments:

Dave said...

Hehehehe...nice.

Anonymous said...

That is perhaps a wise question to ask ourselves at the end of each day. I hadn't heard that story. Thanks for sharing.

Eric said...

I ask myself that everytime I go to get Jack up from a nap.

HR said...

Funny, I don't really remember that.

But now that it's been almost 16 years since that happened I have absolutely no regrets. It's honestly the best thing that has ever happened to me.

BTW, I think that you are ready. What's your status?

Anonymous said...

haha...It's funny to imagine little blonde brad staring at his uncle in the middle of the night. Don't why, just is :)