Pages

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

whats this?


I'm sitting here at my second favorite table in the library and thought i would check out my amazing blog....then I realized I didn't even remember what the address was. I ended up going on to my Dads sit,
Tastes Kinda Minty, for the link.

Any who, I was sitting here contemplating a riveting chapter in my
Modern Historiography book and I thought that i would tear my self away to blog a bit.

Not quite sure what about yet, so please bear with me! First off I figure that I will first update the World Wide Web, or about the the three people that will read this about my life. Ready this is going to be some exciting stuff....I'm a student. I spend a few hours a day at school everyday. I'm taking 15 credit hours so I stay busy. After classes I usually eat lunch, then go back to the Library and read till my eyes fall out (as one of my Professors would say). Yup that is basically my life. I wish that it was more exciting!

Well my last adventure (if you can call it that) I partook was last night which was a Monday. A water main broke on campus. Around 4:30 we were sent an email to our school account that stated the following:


Campus physical plant has informed us that the campus has had a major break in a water line on the north side of campus. To protect our power source, they are closing down power in parts of the campus. We are assessing the situation and will notify people soon about the impact of the power outage.

My once a week, three hour, Monday night class was canceled. Now I am like any other college student, happy to have a break from class, but the problem is with MLK Day last Monday we have only had class twice before. To top it off I think that we are scheduled for a test this week. Not really sure whats going on with it now!

So instead of class I decided to go to the UVU Girls Basketball. But because of the power outage the game which was scheduled to be played at the McKay Event Center had to be moved and delayed. The Game was moved to a Timp High School. Kinda sad. I think that there are more people at a high school Girls Game! Well the Lady Wolverines ended up playing Chicago State University. (CSU, which has the same colors as the real CSU, Colorado State. Just some party trivia for ya.)

The Lady's, like usual dominated. At the end of the first half they are up by at least 20. At the start of the second half they scored a quick 9 unanswered points and CSU is forced to call a timeout with only 48 seconds into the half. Then all of a sudden I swear I was watching the Jazz play. All of sudden the lead was only down to about 10. Then 3. Then CSU was up by two. With 1.1 Seconds left CSU fouled the girl that you wouldn't want to foul, the star point guard! With the fouls in bonus all she had to do was sink two free throws and the game would go into over time. Unfortunately clutch shooting apparently is not her forte, she missed the shot and we lost the game. I guess some good did come from this game however. I won a free T-Shirt!

Well I am going to try and get into the habit of Blogging. I know this one post is pretty lame but I am confident that they will get much much better! Thanks for Reading.

5 comments:

Tastes Kinda Minty said...

The journey is the destination. The sum totals of our mundane days comprise the net of our lives. I've discovered that looking for the amusing is what makes life fun. Often plans that go awry become our favorite stories. So thanks for the great post. I loved your random observations.

Regarding your cancelled class, have you ever calculated what that missed class cost you in dollars. If I was going to school, I'd be tempted to send an invoice to the school requesting a refund. But then I'm kinda wired that way.

Loved the story about the game. Now every time you wear that t-shirt you can go "ghhhh" and laugh.

Thanks for mentioning my blog...I started getting this weird compulsion for people posting comments. The validation that others understand is rewarding. When I write stories other memories start to flood over me.

I really enjoyed making something out of my airport security experience.

http://tasteskindaminty.blogspot.com/2008/01/secure-arrival.html

I found that looking for amusement in that situation gave me a big smile instead of frustration.

Keep up the posting, I wish I had started earlier.

Dave said...

I, too, am glad you're back at it! Thanks for the post. I'm looking forward to reading more. Oh, and I think you should post a picture of your free t-shirt.

Anonymous said...

Hey Brad, I loved reading your blog. I remember having a favorite table at the library at college too. It kind of bummed me out when I didn't get it! Sounds like your Monday night was not boring! So the lady Bball team is as good as the Men's?
How is the water main today? Did it get fixed? Keep writing what is up with you! What a great way to keep track of your day to day activities. You will enjoy looking back at this one day. You have a great writing style.

Anonymous said...

Hey Brad, I loved reading your blog. I remember having a favorite table at the library at college too. It kind of bummed me out when I didn't get it! Sounds like your Monday night was not boring! So the lady Bball team is as good as the Men's?
How is the water main today? Did it get fixed? Keep writing what is up with you! What a great way to keep track of your day to day activities. You will enjoy looking back at this one day. You have a great writing style.

Amy said...

Hey! I'm so pumped you're starting the blogging thing again. It'll be fun to see what you're up to ;)
I think UVU should of also instructed people to 1. respect yourself
and 2. respect the property of others
after the water main broke.